Benchbench (bench),USA pronunciation n.
- a long seat for several persons: a bench in the park.
- a seat occupied by an official, esp. a judge.
- such a seat as a symbol of the office and dignity of an individual judge or the judiciary.
- the office or dignity of various other officials, or the officials themselves.
- the seat on which the players of a team sit during a game while not playing.
- thequality and number of the players of a team who are usually used as substitutes: A weak bench hurt their chances for the championship.
- [Informal.]See bench press.
- Also called workbench. the strong worktable of a carpenter or other mechanic.
- a platform on which animals are placed for exhibition, esp. at a dog show.
- a contest or exhibition of dogs;
- [Phys. Geog.]a shelflike area of rock with steep slopes above and below.
- a step or working elevation in a mine.
- berm (def. 2).
- on the bench:
- serving as a judge in a court of law;
- [Sports.](of a player) not participating in play, either for part or all of a game.
- to furnish with benches.
- to seat on a bench or on the bench: an election that benched him in the district court.
- to place (a show dog or other animal) in exhibition.
- to cut away the working faces of (a mine or quarry) in benches.
- to remove from a game or keep from participating in a game: to be benched because of poor hitting.
Presspress1 (pres),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to act upon with steadily applied weight or force.
- to move by weight or force in a certain direction or into a certain position: The crowd pressed him into a corner.
- to compress or squeeze, as to alter in shape or size: He pressed the clay into a ball.
- to weigh heavily upon;
subject to pressure.
- to hold closely, as in an embrace;
clasp: He pressed her in his arms.
- to flatten or make smooth, esp. by ironing: to press clothes; to press flowers in the leaves of a book.
- to extract juice, sugar, etc., from by pressure: to press grapes.
- to squeeze out or express, as juice: to press the juice from grapes.
- to beset or harass;
afflict: He was pressed by problems on all sides.
- to trouble or oppress;
put into a difficult position, as by depriving: Poverty pressed them hard.
- to urge or entreat strongly or insistently: to press for payment of a debt; to press for an answer.
- to emphasize or propound forcefully;
insist upon: He pressed his own ideas on us.
- to plead with insistence: to press a claim.
- to urge onward;
hasten: He pressed his horse to go faster.
- to push forward.
- to manufacture (phonograph records, videodiscs, or the like), esp. by stamping from a mold or matrix.
- to exert weight, force, or pressure.
- [WeightLifting.]to raise or lift, esp. a specified amount of weight, in a press.
- to iron clothing, curtains, etc.
- to bear heavily, as upon the mind.
- (of athletes and competitors) to perform tensely or overanxiously, as when one feels pressured or is determined to break out of a slump;
strain because of frustration: For days he hasn't seemed able to buy a hit, and he's been pressing.
- to compel haste: Time presses.
- to demand immediate attention.
- to use urgent entreaty: to press for an answer.
- to push forward or advance with force, eagerness, or haste: The army pressed to reach the river by dawn.
- to crowd or throng.
- [Basketball.]to employ a press.
- press the flesh, [Informal.]See flesh (def. 15).
- an act of pressing;
- the state of being pressed.
- printed publications collectively, esp. newspapers and periodicals.
- all the media and agencies that print, broadcast, or gather and transmit news, including newspapers, newsmagazines, radio and television news bureaus, and wire services.
- the editorial employees, taken collectively, of these media and agencies.
- (often used with a pl. v.) a group of news reporters, or of news reporters and news photographers: The press are in the outer office, waiting for a statement.
- the consensus of the general critical commentary or the amount of coverage accorded a person, thing, or event, esp. in newspapers and periodicals (often prec. by good or bad): The play received a good press. The minister's visit got a bad press.
- See printing press.
- an establishment for printing books, magazines, etc.
- the process or art of printing.
- any of various devices or machines for exerting pressure, stamping, or crushing.
- a wooden or metal viselike device for preventing a tennis or other racket from warping when not in use.
- a pressing or pushing forward.
- a crowding, thronging, or pressing together;
collective force: The press of the crowd drove them on.
- a crowd, throng, or multitude.
- the desired smooth or creased effect caused by ironing or pressing: His suit was out of press.
- pressure or urgency, as of affairs or business.
- an upright case or other piece of furniture for holding clothes, books, pamphlets, etc.
- [Basketball.]an aggressive form of defense in which players guard opponents very closely.
- [Weightlifting.]a lift in which the barbell, after having been lifted from the ground up to chest level, is pushed to a position overhead with the arms extended straight up, without moving the legs or feet.
- go to press, to begin being printed: The last edition has gone to press.
Formform (fôrm),USA pronunciation n.
- external appearance of a clearly defined area, as distinguished from color or material;
configuration: a triangular form.
- the shape of a thing or person.
- a body, esp. that of a human being.
- a dummy having the same measurements as a human body, used for fitting or displaying clothing: a dressmaker's form.
- something that gives or determines shape;
- a particular condition, character, or mode in which something appears: water in the form of ice.
- the manner or style of arranging and coordinating parts for a pleasing or effective result, as in literary or musical composition: a unique form for the novel.
- [Fine Arts.]
- the organization, placement, or relationship of basic elements, as lines and colors in a painting or volumes and voids in a sculpture, so as to produce a coherent image;
the formal structure of a work of art.
- three-dimensional quality or volume, as of a represented object or anatomical part.
- an object, person, or part of the human body or the appearance of any of these, esp. as seen in nature: His work is characterized by the radical distortion of the human form.
- any assemblage of things of a similar kind constituting a component of a group, especially of a zoological group.
- [Crystall.]the combination of all the like faces possible on a crystal of given symmetry.
- due or proper shape;
orderly arrangement of parts;
- the structure, pattern, organization, or essential nature of anything.
- structure or pattern as distinguished from matter.
- (cap.) [Platonism.]idea (def. 7c).
- [Aristotelianism.]that which places a thing in its particular species or kind.
- [Logic.]the abstract relations of terms in a proposition, and of propositions to one another.
- a set, prescribed, or customary order or method of doing something.
- a set order of words, as for use in religious ritual or in a legal document: a form for initiating new members.
- a document with blank spaces to be filled in with particulars before it is executed: a tax form.
- a typical document to be used as a guide in framing others for like cases: a form for a deed.
- a conventional method of procedure or behavior: society's forms.
- a formality or ceremony, often with implication of absence of real meaning: to go through the outward forms of a religious wedding.
- procedure according to a set order or method.
- conformity to the usages of society;
ceremony: the elaborate forms prevalent in thecourts of renaissance kings.
- procedure or conduct, as judged by social standards: Such behavior is very bad form. Good form demands that we go.
- manner or method of performing something;
technique: The violin soloist displayed tremendous form.
- physical condition or fitness, as for performing: a tennis player in peak form.
- a word, part of a word, or group of words forming a construction that recurs in various contexts in a language with relatively constant meaning. Cf. linguistic form.
- a particular shape of such a form that occurs in more than one shape. In I'm, 'm is a form of am.
- a word with a particular inflectional ending or other modification. Goes is a form of go.
- [Ling.]the shape or pattern of a word or other construction (distinguished from substance).
- [Building Trades.]temporary boarding or sheeting of plywood or metal for giving a desired shape to poured concrete, rammed earth, etc.
- a grade or class of pupils in a British secondary school or in certain U.S. private schools: boys in the fourth form.
- [Brit.]a bench or long seat.
- Also,[Brit.,] forme. [Print.]an assemblage of types, leads, etc., secured in a chase to print from.
- to construct or frame.
- to make or produce.
- to serve to make up;
constitute: The remaining members will form the program committee.
- to place in order;
- to frame (ideas, opinions, etc.) in the mind.
- to contract or develop (habits, friendships, etc.).
- to give form or shape to;
- to give a particular form or shape to;
fashion in a particular manner: Form the dough into squares.
- to mold or develop by discipline or instructions: The sergeant's job was to form boys into men.
- to make (a derivation) by some grammatical change: The suffix "-ly'' forms adverbs from adjectives.
- to have (a grammatical feature) represented in a particular shape: English forms plurals in "-s''.
- [Mil.]to draw up in lines or in formation.
- to take or assume form.
- to be formed or produced: Ice began to form on the window.
- to take a particular form or arrangement: The ice formed in patches across the window.
Diagramdi•a•gram (dī′ə gram′),USA pronunciation n., v., -gramed or -grammed, -gram•ing or -gram•ming.
- a figure, usually consisting of a line drawing, made to accompany and illustrate a geometrical theorem, mathematical demonstration, etc.
- a drawing or plan that outlines and explains the parts, operation, etc., of something: a diagram of an engine.
- a chart, plan, or scheme.
- to represent by a diagram;
make a diagram of.
Geargear (gēr),USA pronunciation n.
- a part, as a disk, wheel, or section of a shaft, having cut teeth of such form, size, and spacing that they mesh with teeth in another part to transmit or receive force and motion.
- an assembly of such parts.
- one of several possible arrangements of such parts in a mechanism, as an automobile transmission, for affording different relations of torque and speed between the driving and the driven machinery, or for permitting the driven machinery to run in either direction: first gear; reverse gear.
- a mechanism or group of parts performing one function or serving one purpose in a complex machine: steering gear.
- implements, tools, or apparatus, esp. as used for a particular occupation or activity;
paraphernalia: fishing gear.
- a harness, esp. of horses.
- the lines, tackles, etc., of a particular sail or spar.
- the personal tools, clothing, and other possessions of a sailor.
- portable items of personal property, including clothing;
possessions: The campers keep all their gear in footlockers.
- wearing apparel;
clothing: The fashion pages of the Sunday paper are featuring the latest fall gear.
- armor or arms.
- in gear:
- [Mach.]in the state in which gears are connected or meshed: The car is in gear.
- in proper or active working order;
functioning continuously without trouble: Every department in this company must be in gear at all times.
- in or into high gear, in or into a state of utmost speed, activity, or efficiency: Military rearmament moved into high gear.
- out of gear, [Mach.]in the state in which gears are not connected or meshed: The engine is out of gear.
- shift or switch gears, to change one's attitude, course of action, methods, etc., in an abrupt, dramatic, or unexpected manner: In the middle of the second act the play shifts gears from comedy to tragedy.
- to provide with or connect by gearing.
- to put in or into gear.
- to provide with gear;
- to prepare, adjust, or adapt to a particular situation, person, etc., in order to bring about satisfactory results: The producers geared their output to seasonal demands.
- to fit exactly, as one part of gearing into another;
come into or be in gear.
- gear down:
- [Auto.]to shift the transmission of a vehicle to a lower gear: The truck driver geared down at the top of the hill.
- to reduce in scope or intensity: With less income you'll have to gear down your spending habits.
- gear up:
- to make or get ready for a future event or situation: Insiders say the senator is gearing up to run for governor.
- to get or put on equipment or clothing for a particular purpose: The hikers geared up for the long trek down the mountain.
- to arouse or excite, as with enthusiasm or expectation: The employees were geared up for a hard battle with management over working hours.
Hello peoples, this image is about Proper Bench Press Form Diagram NFP Gear (amazing Bench Form #12). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 1008 x 407. It's file size is just 50 KB. Wether You desired to download This post to Your computer, you could Click here. You also too download more attachments by clicking the image below or read more at this post: Bench Form.
Bench Form style has turned into a favorite design of many individuals with their home. The design is sophisticated, contemporary and straightforward glance has drawn many people to use to their occupancy. Getting a contemporary look that is modern gorgeous? The furniture is designed for contemporary layout design comes with an interesting attribute.
The look fashion furnishings supply light and simple's impact inside the final look of the room. the utilization of an straight line can obtains this touse white colour so pleased light and clear. Another substance utilized is glass product which can be reflective and translucent to offer a more modern's impression.
Currently with natural light in the bedroom, room is manufactured brilliant and available with contemporary contemporary interior planning. So that light can be reflected across the bedroom in the home pick white floor material. Furthermore utilize glass rather than skylights , big windows and wall material to create as much as possible inhouse in light that is day.
More Photos on Proper Bench Press Form Diagram NFP Gear (amazing Bench Form #12)
- Bathroom Open To Bedroom
- Kmart Bookcases
- Leaf Sconce
- Baby Shower Yard Signs
- All Weather Car Mat
- Are Birkenstocks Comfortable
- Jacobean Chair
- Alvar Aalto Furniture
- Custom Design Shower Curtains
- Diamond Rug
- Ceramic Stool Canada
- Campbelltown Fantastic Furniture
- Garage Car Mat For Snow
- Meadowcraft Outdoor Furniture
- How To Get Rid Of Mold On Walls In Bathroom
- Aluminum Porch Glider